Nov 20, 2009
Top Non-heavyweight Pay Per View PPV Events in Boxing History - According to HBO, Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto generated 1.25 million pay-per-view buys. Here's the top pay per view buys of all-time:
1. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather, May 2007 - 2.4 million PPV buys
2. Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield (rematch), June 1997 - 1.99 million PPV buys
3. Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis, June 2002 - 1.97 million PPV buys
4. Mike Tyson vs Holyfield (1st match), November 1996 - 1.59 million PPV buys
5. Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley, August 1995 - 1.55 million PPV buys
6. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad, September 1999 - 1.4 million PPV buys
Evander Holyfield vs George Foreman, April 1991 - 1.4 million PPV buys
8. Mike Tyson vs. Frank Bruno, March 1996 - 1.37 million PPV buys
9. Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya, December 6, 2008 – 1.25 million PPV buys
Pacquiao vs. Cotto, November 14, 2009 – 1.25 million PPV buys
Mike Tyson vs. Razor Ruddock, June 1991 - 1.25 million PPV buys
12. Holyfield vs. Lennox Lewis (1st fight), March 1999 - 1.2 million PPV buys
Mike Tyson is a massive draw appearing on the list 6 times.
Oscar de la Hoya is the non-heavyweight PPV king appearing 4 times.
Evander Holyfield appeared 3 times.
Manny Pacquiao and Lennox Lewis appeared twice.